Help us revolutionize commodity trading in Africa
Job Purpose and Impact
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) will architect, design and develop new and existing digital solutions
for the Traderex Global Corporation’s digital portfolio. In this role, the CTO will discover and deliver
solutions to complex and varied problems to enable the company’s digital future. The CTO will bring order
to ambiguous scenarios and apply in depth and broad knowledge of architectural, engineering and security
practices to ensure their solutions are scalable, resilient, and robust and will share knowledge on modern
practices and technologies to ensure the company reaches all its digital goals.
• Apply software engineering patterns and principles to design, develop, test, integrate, maintain
and troubleshoot complex and varied software solutions and incorporate security practices in
newly developed and maintained applications.
• Participate in peer code review sessions to review code, coach peers, and ensure code quality.
• Take the lead in the assigned agile team to adopt agile philosophies, facilitate agile ceremonies
and identify continuous improvement opportunities.
• Incorporate the company’s engineering and development best practices within the full software
development lifecycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management,
building processes, testing and security principles, to deliver high quality code rapidly.
• Collaborate to lead demonstration and continuous feedback sessions to improve development
and help drive the long–term vision.
• Participate in the engineering community by maintaining and sharing relevant technical
approaches and modern skills.
• Independently handle complex issues with regards to coding with minimal supervision, while
escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Confirmed experience automating pipelines for continuous integration, testing, delivery and
• Confirmed experience architecting applications, databases, services or integrations
• Minimum of four years of related work experience
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
• At least 6+ years of experience working in engineering solutions related to software
• Confirmed experience building front end or back end of application based on popular design
• 5+ years of experience working with Front End applications using nowadays technologies such
• 5+ years of back end development and dev–ops.
• 3+ Experience building and deploying APIs
• 2+ Very good experience working in Cloud environments such as AWS or Azure.
• Very good experience working as a team player
• Comfortable and willing to learn new and growing technologies in a fast–paced mode.
• Good knowledge in CI/CD technologies
• Experience working with test automation
• GMT +/– 4